Monday 9 June 2014

INTERVIEW 2 - Josh Kemp

1) How old were you when you started writing music?
I was probably about 8 when I started writing, I was really into Blue and Busted so I used to write boy band songs and perform them for my family... I feel so, so sorry for them.

2) Who has supported you the most throughout your music career?
To be fair my family have always been really supportive through whatever i do, whether its buying me my first guitar aged 9 to supporting me at gigs :) 

3) What's the most weirdest thing a fan has said to you?
I had a fan a last year who claimed we should be together and that she would 'make me happy'... Creepy

4) Justin Bieber or One Direction?
I choose a firing squad ;)

5) Where do you want to be in  2 years time within the music industry?
Ultimately my dream is to sell out an arena tour, so in two years i'd love to be performing to thousands of fans every night!

6) Who is the most talented artist in your opinion (famous or non-famous)?
One of my favourite artists for diversity is Plan B who seems to try his hand at almost anything and he's good at it, and i massively respect that! 

7) Which artist would you like to do a collaboration with? 
i'm in the process of writing a song with a female artist from Leicester at the moment, writing a song about the struggles of two genders living together, i'm massively excited for this song so keep an eye out! 

8) Would you rather star in one movie (musical) or a West End production?
I'm quite a large fan of musicals and have done a few short films in the past so i genuinely wouldn't mind either :)

9) Which indie/up-coming artist would you recommend your audience to listen too?
Saint Raymond definitely, he's a Nottingham lad but i genuinely connect with his music, he's definitely one to watch!

10) Do you think found•my•music should be an award like the Brits? ;)
haha definitely! lets make it as part of an East Midlands Music Awards:P 

11) Have you heard of a genre you would like to try?
i love trying different genres and spend a lot of time messing about with house music and classical music

12) Keyboard or Piano?
Piano, easily! Beautiful instrument :) 

13) If you were in a band, what would you call it?
I'm not sure but the best band name i ever saw was a band in the North West called 'Dinosaurs are S*** Dragons'. There's no beating that!

14) Which Brit award would you want to be nominated for e.g. best British solo act?
To be fair i don't really follow awards ceremonies, and i'm not really interested in them, for me the buzz has always been performing live 
 
15) Which is the best venue you've played at?
So far, my best venue has been performing on a pop up stage on Nottingham Market Square in front of 18,000 people for the olympic torch ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment